We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to follow on to help me please!!!!

england
3 posts
Save Topic
to follow on to help me please!!!!

hello the pie man again, still in a dilemma short story met nigerian women , her friend is married to english man from here as i said have rang this man who lives in this country with his wife , they even offered for me to go to there house to visit as they know the women i speak to well , this was to help me get a visa to see her . i read home office reports an decided not to go , the women i am speaking to was very upset actually , an rang me repeatedly to go . i said we could meet in dubai as my sister lives there she has agreed . i was advised off this site off some one to see her on web cam which hey i do every night now an now i get up to date photos of her which actually are her , well i think earlier ones where of her , but when younger . i have seen all her family on web cam an photos , sorry i did send her some money as she seems very real now believe me , but i still have worries i said would pay for her to fly to dubai , she says visa for her just cost money an easy for her to get is this true? . i think she really is on level now , but cannot talk to family as do not want to know , could i get a non refundable ticket for her if she real in case she robs it . but dont think she will really i had doubts but showed me what she had bought with money all seems very real . she not hiding any thing from me i have adddress , phone number all photos of her present ones , her passport every thing really , just need a out side view on it , some people say still being done but when some one crys like that on the phone to you , not to give up well it so real please help !!!!!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

sorry for the intrusion

when i saw the name lagos i had to click on it as i ve been there few years ago well let me tell you man stay away do not get involve with any nigerian women,men or anything coming from this country the place is an absolute nightmare and nigeria the country most famous for it s scam and robbery and for god s sake don t ever send any money or anything

feel free to ask me any questions

philippe84

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

sorry for the intrusion

when i saw the name lagos i had to click on it as i ve been there few years ago well let me tell you man stay away do not get involve with any nigerian women,men or anything coming from this country the place is an absolute nightmare and nigeria the country most famous for it s scam and robbery and for god s sake don t ever send any money or anything

feel free to ask me any questions

philippe84

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,801 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

Well, she could be a real person, no doubt.

However, noting that she seems to be at a level of poverty that you need to send her money, (not sure if she can afford a visa herself also), then it could also be that you are her ticket to a better life, whether she really loves you or not.

Would you be ok to be with someone who is more interested in the money and lifestyle you can provide her?

You could possibly test her by saying that you have got into some financial difficulties and can't afford to help her financially and extend this online relationship for some time to see if she's more interested in you or your money.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
285 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

She is a scammer so watch out. If you keep sending her money you will live with anger and regert for years to come.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

Hi pieman

Firstly I think that the comments left by philippe84 were a bit harsh as I have been there several times, have good Nigerian friends and a Nigerian boyfriend so they aren't all scammers!!!

However I would be very wary of sending money to anyone you've never actually met regardless of where they are from. How well do you know the english guy over there? Have you ever spoken to him on the phone?

If you are worried about sending money to her, why don't you go to Nigeria? Where does she live, is it in Lagos? I've been to Lagos several times and as long as you dont go wondering the streets by yourself at night, you'll be ok. Dont be too flash and hide your money when you're out and in the hotel safe.

You could go to a hotel if you are worried and then meet her in a neutral place i.e. shopping mall.

Are you in love with her or care for her very deeply? Or could you cut off all contact if you thought she was a scammer?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,801 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

I got another suggestions. Forget about the girl and make a trip to Bangkok and spend a week or two there.

There the thai girls are also in search of a better life. They respect seniors, love the fact that you are a white man, and they are stunning and very friendly.

Its a much safer city than any you find in Nigeria, has a established tourist industry, and you get a very good exchange rate for the Thai Baht. Who knows, you may even stay on like many westerners do.

It may open your eyes to the rest of the world.

Do your research, and don't give up a whole forest for one tree.

lagos
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

well pieman i think your dilemma is well understood, having had to travel to the west in search of a loved one from lagos myself i am in a position to advice you, firstly,all scammers in nigeria,are on line they definitely have access to the internet, it had been a good sourceofmaking money for the person who is not careful, nigeria has 20% of africa's population, so 20% of scammers if you extrapolate coupled with the fact that there is graduate unemployment there you have enough ingredient to produce a scammers haven, as for your friend from nigeria,i think you should have a little trust, most marriages,is that of a woman who need a better life looking for a man or vice versa, it is rare to find that both partners are self sufficient which is the ideal, the only minus is that you will do well not to allow her use you as a meal ticket, as for dubai, i think it isa good idea, it is a risk worth taking, with a 1200 dollars she should be able to get a ticket,and visa is arranged by the ticketing agency,ask her to go find out and send you the e mail of the ticketing agency so you can verify, forget the sisters husband in england, a scammer can actually arrange that, if she messes up the dubai trip then forget her, if it clicks then i am sure she is going to be a dream woman for you, easy to manage easy to love, and easy to adapt towhat you want, after dubai then you can decide to come to lagos, and whatever else you might decide from there

bolanle
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

To Phillipe84, I cannot imagine that someone will just lump a whole nation in one basket and say things like don't do anything with ANY nigerian. Why did u go there in the first instance? probably to work and earn a living off the same country you condemn so harshly. The pieman1, pls just use your common sense, no one can determine what will be good for you assholes acn be found everywhere, not only in nigeria.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

scam scam scam.........

why not visit nigeria yourself? Then you will see if its a scam or not........

Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: to follow on to help me please!!!!

LOL...I am visiting Ghana. If no one hears from me shorty after Jan 2, 2009. Help!!! :)

Get answers to your questions about Lagos