We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nigeria scam

Limerick
2 posts
Save Topic
Nigeria scam

Hi, I have been chatting to a guy for the past few months on ivillage dating, we became what I thought were good friends and had arranged to meet, he was going to Nigeria, on work errands, for a couple of weeks, he was taking his daughter with him. we were to meet this weekend, he sent me his flight details to ireland, but he didn't arrive...today I get a txt from a mobile number to say he has been in an accident, and his daughter was injured, but that it also involved another little girl, who is critical in hospital, he said his wallet had been stolen at the accident, and that they needed to get home. But their passports were ok...Could I please hurry and send them 1,200 euro to pay the hospital bill as they can not be discharged until this is paid..and that he wanted to make the flight tonight at 11pm..I almost fell for it...but the alarm bells rang when I could'nt find the number of the Best care hospital with directory enquiries or on the net..If there is any other ladies out there who are chatting to this guy (Richard) Daughters name is Kate..on this dating web site please post...and don't get caught..this guy is a real smoothie...

Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nigeria scam

well done for spotting the scam - is there any way you can disrupt his profile on ivillage?

Limerick
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nigeria scam

Hi there, I have that done already, I reported it and they removed his profile...thing is tho, when i was on messenger i saw a lady who had added him to her msn contacts, i contacted her to warn her, we chatted for ages, turns out she has been chatting to this guy for years. tho, she did say that she was suspicious that his email address was changing all the time..anyway, she said she would keep me posted and let me know if he contacts her again..thanks for posting your reply...

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nigeria scam

This is an oldy meaning this same senario, same info has been sent to many. This one has been on Romance Scams.

Di

4. Re: Nigeria scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Lagos