We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bta????

Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
Bta????

hello everyone so i've been reading alot about this BTA thing and i have a similar story. A Person going by the name Allyson Kaydo has been talking to me within the last few weeks and claims to be an american in lagos for some kind of fashion business she runs out of allen,texas. she claims to have traveled there to buy fabrics for her business and has been talking to me about traveling back to the states now. she claimed she boarded the plane but was pulled off of it for a BTA and will not be allowed to leave Lagos to come home with out paying i believe she said it was some where around $250 dollars. now i really dont believe an american would not be allowed to return to their home country because of this. i'm just wondering if anyone has info on this of has been getting similar messages. the email addres this person has been using to talk to me is preciousstone2001@yahoo.com and she also uses and yahoo messenger to chat with me. is there anyway i can catch someone in the act here or is it best to just delete the person's info and walk away please send me and answer to my email at the bottom.thanks

dirtybirdflock@yahoo.com

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bta????

Youve answered your own question ...just walk away its a scam whats the point of trying to catch them out just wasting your time and energy im sure s/he has more than just you on the go

Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bta????

thanks thats what i needed to hear

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bta????

of course you can try scam baiting to drag them on and make them go through all sort of nonsense so that you waste their time. Google scambaiting and see what you find.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,829 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bta????

First, the person you are emailing is probably not a girl but a teenage boy.

Second, nobody emails random strangers asking for money unless they are a scammer.

Third, if an American was stuck in Lagos (or anywhere else) they could contact the US embassy and the embassy would loan them money to get home (yes, they actually do that).

Four, the only reason to correspond with scammers is if you have time to kill and want to waste their time so that they cannot scam someone else (though many often carry on multiple convos from their internet cafe computers).

Get the picture???

Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bta????

thanks dude i get the picture ok. and ya i am gona mess with this person just for the hell of it. lol anywho thanks for the info. peace out all

6. Re: Bta????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations