We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

usa
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

New MP visit rules have been in effect for a month now, How is the requirement for a guide being applied? My research notes,guide traditionally were available at the gate for those who wanted them, but now that new rules are in effect, a guide is required...how is this being done? Thanks Paul

10 replies to this topic
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
5,122 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

Guides are still available at the entrance but as far as I know the new rule that you have to visit MP with a guide is not yet being enforced.

Granada, Spain
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

it is not true. but if you dont have a guide your visit will not be half as interesting. I would recommend you download the Tupuy app where you can buy an audio visit foor 3.5 usd. guides take 25 usd per person and are not better

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

As of yesterday when our last guest visited, the requirement to have a guide is not being enforced.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

Thanks for this tip! Downloaded it now

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
166 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

Went yesterday. No guide needed. We hired one, but we were but far in the minority.

Hershey...
Level Contributor
4 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

I went on 9/5 and they did not enforce it. Although you get a lot more out of the site with some sort of guide.

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

I went to MP on October 30, 2017 (in the afternoon) and they did not enforce the guide requirement.

Dunedin, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

We were there last week Nov 22nd and did not need a guide. Bought this guide book and used during the day :)

https:/…

9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

There will be 8 of us, do all guides charge $25 per person, or is there room for negotiation. That price is pretty high.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,934 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??

A private tour is normally between $50 and $60 USD, so considering there are 8 of you, I would just hire a private guide.

Reply to: New MP rules requiring guide in MP??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aguas Calientes