We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

Any experience getting deposits to Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge or emails? Sent money by Western Union, five days ago but have yet to get confirmation. They wanted me to send credit card info (including security code) by email, which is too high risk. Then they wanted me to deposit in their Bank America account, but the closest branch is nearly 100 miles away from me. Then they suggested Western Union, which I did, and now I'm not hearing confirmation back from them. I'm a tad nervous about this.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

It takes about 3 days to TT money overseas. And when the place you are referring to is somewhere in ancient Peru it could take a bit longer. Don't worry. Send them email again.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

Should be fine.

Tacoma, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

Did you ever hear back from them? I am considering making a reservation at this hotel through Bank of Amer deposit. But I'm kinda nervous about this method of payment too!

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

I did!

It was slow. I sent money via western union on the 10th and they acknowledged receipt on the 17th.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

I've sent 3 messages to Rupa Wasi trying to get a room for August but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm praying they're not booked up yet.

I sent them to: info@rupawasi.net

and to rupawasi@hotmail.com

Anyone have other contact info?

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
47 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

It takes them a few days to reply . . . I had moments of desperation that they would never get back to me, but they always did, in slow motion.

I used info@rupawasi.net

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

Many other providers in Peru (hotels, tour agencies, Peru Rail) are quite slow in responding to emails -- at least compared to our go-go instant lifestyles.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

Ok, I did get a message back, they have a room available.

Now, the issue is getting the deposit to them. Everything I'm doing in Peru requires a different method of payment! Trying to be patient here...

I cannot physically walk into a BOA and make a deposit. I live in Canada. At first I thought, no problem, because I still have a BOA acct from living in the US. Anything I do with them now is online. But I don't have enough in the cking acct anymore, so I'd have to transfer money in. BUT, it seems like Rupa requires you to physically walk into the bank, right? Doesn't make sense to me that you can't transfer money to them online.

If this isn't possible, then Western Union? My god. They said there was a $12 fee if I couldn't physically deposit into their BOA acct. Is there an additional fee for Western Union, or is the $12??

Is it honestly worth the trouble? Is there another place that's clean that doesn't require this?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

go to booking engine like booking.com. no deposit required.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rupa Wasi Eco Lodge deposit

thanks but it's not even listed on Booking.com

Get answers to your questions about Aguas Calientes