We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and water

kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Food and water

I hear it's expensive. What should I pack before arriving to Aguascalientes? Is there a cheap market there? How is the water?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and water

There is a market right outside the train station in Ollantaytambo. I bought water, cookies, bread. The Mercado General of Aguas Calientes is also an inexpensive place to get food. I think I had breakfast there for 5 soles or maybe less than that; it was a very clean place.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,955 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food and water

Maybe compared to other parts of Peru, but it is hardly likely to break your budget. Some bottles of water and a cheap meal..... How long are you there for?

Bring a camera.

kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food and water

I arrive in the evening and leave the next evening. Why would I need a camera? JK

Are there restrictions on the type of water container you can take to Machu Picchu?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,571 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food and water

Camera to take pitcures !

Bring your own container. Some times they will not let you enter with big throw away plastic bottles to avoid littering

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,955 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food and water

I assumed you were going to Machu Picchu...not much reason to go to AC otherwise.

Probably one of the most photogenic spots on the planet, MP that is. So, "take a camera ".

Unless you have lunch in the Sanctuary hotel, I cant see you spending too much money.....

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,972 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food and water

Unless you are on a tight back packer budget don't worry about cost of food or water

Malta, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food and water

You need to keep any food or water in a bag or they will take it. They can not search your bag.

kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Food and water

I was wondering about bringing a Camelbak which has a tube for water. Would that work? I would think they would frown on bottled water since people are so careless with it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,369 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Food and water

That's fine. So is a water bottle.

10. Re: Food and water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2016, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Aguas Calientes