We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Times returning to Cusco

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Train Times returning to Cusco

Are there any morning trains that Depart Aquas Calientes to Cusco. I have looked at what I think are all the rail websites but they all seem to depart in the afternoon starting just after 3pm. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Times returning to Cusco

I haven't checked but no morning train departures from AC would not surprise me. Most people come down from Machu Picchu by 6 pm and leave. AC is neither pretty nor interesting, compared to Ollantaytambo or Urubamba. From what I saw of it, I'd much rather overnight elsewhere.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Times returning to Cusco

There are no morning trains all the way to Cusco but several go to Ollantaytambo. You can then either get public transport or contract a taxi to get you the rest of the way to Cusco.

Peru Rail Expetition: 0535, 0853; Peru Rail Vistadome 1055; Inca Rail Executive 0830

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Times returning to Cusco

Agree with the above post. Get a train to Ollantaytambo and taxi from there. There are a lot more trains to Ollantaytambo than to Cusco, and since the Cusco station is not really in Cusco anyway, this is actually faster than taking the train the whole way.

4. Re: Train Times returning to Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2016, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Aguas Calientes