We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Internet

Taubate, SP
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Internet

First time in India.

I will be in Delhi in a month and the day after I arrive I will need to use the internet to apply to a scholarship program and only the first 300 people can get it, so I need to have a fast and reliable internet to try for it by the time the website loads the application page.

I am on a low budged and will stay in a hostel and usually they don't have a good internet or too much people using the wifi at the same time.

Is there a 24hr cyber café to recommend ? I will need to use the internet at 2am.

Any other idea is welcome.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hostels in New Delhi
Jugaad Hostels
Jugaad Hostels
#1 of 1,049 Speciality lodging in New Delhi
Maya's Nest
Maya's Nest
#2 of 1,049 Speciality lodging in New Delhi
The Madpackers Hostel
The Madpackers Hostel
#3 of 1,049 Speciality lodging in New Delhi
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Internet

No problem, when you arrive at airport, buy a new Sim card of any company like Vodafone, Airtel and Idea etc will cost you approx Rs500 for a month...

Taubate, SP
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Internet

I have saved an optimal plan from Airtel to use during my stay. How fast is the 4G when on its fully coverage area? In Brazil 4G isn't really 4G and I don't have this idea to compare.

I really need a fast internet because the program usually runs out in less than 5 min and the website crashes a lot.

Thanks.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Internet

Hi Lucas, The best SIM for fast internet will be Reliance Jio, with good connectivity and awesome 4G speed. Recently hostels in India have started offering good WiFi for free as the internet charges have gone down. You may book hostels through AAO Hostels and call them or message to recommend you a hostel with good connectivity. Their team can talk to hostel owners and suggest you good options. Wish you luck for your trip!

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fast Internet

The good news is that at 2 am there is not much usage so you will find the speeds good.

Reply to: Fast Internet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted