We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport

Virginia
Level Contributor
288 posts
92 reviews
Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport

Hello,

I will arrive at Mumbai airport around 10pm from Kochi with Air India before heading out to Dubai with Emirates around 4am the next day. And I have the following questions:

1. Do I have to go from Domestic terminal to International one or does Air India operate from the International terminal? If I have to go from one terminal to the other, what are my transportation options, how long would it take and how much would it cost?

2. Having about 6 hours between flights, what can I do at the International terminal before or after checking in with Emirates? Do Mumbai airport shops/restaurants/bars stay opened at night (like in Bangkok airport for example)?

Thank you for any feedbacks or suggestions.

4 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
893 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport

Air India always operates from the international airport and you don't need to change the airports.

I am not sure about the second question of yours.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
20,564 posts
394 reviews
2. Re: Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport

Mumbai airport operates 24 hr and so as most of the shops/cafes at international departure (as in India night is more busy time for international arrival/departure) but you will not allowed to check in before 3 hr of schedule departure when booked on separate ticket.

Level Contributor
2,262 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport

Emirates tends to open four hours before departure and security allows you to go airside at the four hour mark. Numerous food and drink outlets airside.

There are a couple of fast food stalls precheckin Mumbai international not too expensive.

Virginia
Level Contributor
288 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport

Awesome! Just need some shops/food joints to grab some snacks and kill time while waiting for my flight.

Thank you for all your replies.

Reply to: Transfer between flights at Mumbai airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted