We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRIP to North East of India

mumbai
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
TRIP to North East of India

I along with my wife and my 1 yea old child are planning for a trip to North East for a period of approx 10 to 12 days. we wish to explore the most of the North east during our journey. we would be starting our journey from Mumbai and i am really confused about the places that we should visit in North East. can some one please help us with the locations and Itinerary and places to visit for sight seeing in each location. we are looking for a budget trip.

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Singapore
Level Contributor
41 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: TRIP to North East of India

@Ayon,

Thanks for very detailed itinerary. It will be useful to me since I am planning to visit Darjeeling/Sikkim in Dec this year.

A question to you is how exhaustive/tiring this can be? It seems you are covering lot of places ? Also, are all these places accessible in Dec?

Can we hire exclusive transport for all these places at respective locations? I guess we can book once we are there.

Thanks to answer my queries.

Mentioned in this post
Darjeeling
Darjeeling
Darjeeling District, India
Sikkim
Sikkim
India
Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,298 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: TRIP to North East of India

East (Silk route) and North Sikkim can/should be avoided in December 2nd half.There may be accessibility issue due to snow fall.Rest of Sikkim (Gangtok,West and South) remain accessible.If going in December 1st week then cab can be booked on the spot but if planning during Chritmas to New Year then better to book im advance.

Mentioned in this post
Sikkim
Sikkim
India
Gangtok
Gangtok
East Sikkim, India
Singapore
Level Contributor
41 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: TRIP to North East of India

Thanks, Rahul!

14. Re: TRIP to North East of India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2017, 13:18