We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandakphu by jeep safari

Calcutta, West...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandakphu by jeep safari

i will be travelling to darjeeling during october 10th to 15th.I will be travelling with my 2kids (one is 2yrs and other one is 5yrs) and i will hav my in laws with me also.I plan to cover sandakphu in a land rover,but i dont want to take my children with me,it vl b only me n my husband for sandakphu..so my question is it possible to go to sandakphu and return on that day instead of staying there...if required v can start very early in the morning lets say 4 in the morning...but my point is i hav to return d same day...please can anybody suggest...is it viable or not????

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandakphu by jeep safari

Hello

Yes could be possible but may be hectic journey.takes around 4 to 5 hours to reach there and same time takes to come back.

Thank You

Karma Sherpa

Darjeeling Treks and Tours

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
237 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandakphu by jeep safari

Dear Arunima,

You can, but it would be very very hectic & you will not get anything in a day. Road condition is pathetic. It's better to stay one night. Enjoy sunrise & sunset. Otherwise, waste of money in a day trip.

Regards,

Sumanta Paul

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
446 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandakphu by jeep safari

If you start at 5 in the morning from Darjeeling, and promise not to stay more than 2 hrs at Sandakphu, then it is possible to return on the same day. However, if you plan to see the sunset, then drivers will not agree to return on the same day. Darjeeling to Manebhanjan will take about 1 & half hrs and plus another 4 hrs upto Sandakphu. The road is NOT good and most of it is boulder laden. You will probably require a spa after you come back on the same day.

Save Reply
4. Re: Sandakphu by jeep safari

Me and my wife wish to travel sandakphu and phalut on 1/10 by Landrover.We decide to stay 2 night their.Plz suggest me everything like spots,stays,foods...costs...etc.

Can i stay at phalut...?is this right decesion to stay at phalut one night?

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
446 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandakphu by jeep safari

Vraman pipasu, please see this link --- by far the most informative site on Darjeeling and surrounding areas including Trekking to Sandakphu /Phalut https://www.google.co.in/url…

6. Re: Sandakphu by jeep safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2017, 14:18