We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tip for taxi

New Zealand
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
tip for taxi

Hello,

What would be a fare tip for driver for transfer from Bodogra airport to Darjeeling hotel , cost of fare 3000 INR, arranged by hotel.

Thankyou

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tip for taxi

Hello,

its your wish what ever you pay.Rs 100 is ok.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tip for taxi

Hello Karma S,

Its along journey for the driver so wasn't quite sure,so thank you for your reply.

Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tip for taxi

Hello,

They don't expect but if you give then feel happy.

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
19,323 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tip for taxi

Actually Tipping culture nearly doesnt exist with cab drivers on Darjeeling/Sikkim.Drivers of these area are very much different from rest of India.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
133 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tip for taxi

Dear Rahul2604,

Thank you for your reply .So if that it is the case then whatever tip is offered will be the right amount and good Karma. Coming from a non tipping country always leaves me feeling slightly anxious about how much, when to and who to tip. Dont want to feel mean or to be a sucker.

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tip for taxi

How is the weather today at Darjeeling? I am planning to come tomorrow but all these flood news have made me worried.

7. Re: tip for taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2017, 12:16