We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandakphu in September

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Sandakphu in September

Hi, This is Tarek writing from Bangladesh. I'm planning to visit Sandakphu along with Darjeeling in this September third week. Just want to know is that is a suitable time to get the view or should i wait till October. Also the road situation after monsoon. Please help me out. Want to get the view at fullest.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Bhutan, Darjeeling, Sikkim, Lava, Loleygaon, Rishop
Level Contributor
6,265 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandakphu in September

If you really "Want to get the view at fullest" then plan it on October or post October, as September is the last month of Monsoon in the above mentioned region.

Rest assured, it would not rain heavily throughout the day, but some drizzling is excepted for a period of time. So whatever it be, September is not considered as the best month for view.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
228 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandakphu in September

If you can wait till October (even better if it is November, as the Puja rush subsides after October), it would be good for your trip.

As rightly pointed out by Krishnandu, September would be the fag end of monsoon. So, there is always a possibility of light rains during that time of the year. And to enjoy the best of beauties that the places offer, you need to have a clear blue sky above your head. Hence, I'd suggest you to postpone your trip till November (October will have plenty of tourists around) and enjoy your vacation.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
218 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandakphu in September

Dear Tarek ,

Suggest to go in October/November.. However, you have to book everything in advance. October is a festive season in Bengal.So, you need to book everything in advance. Specially in Sandakhphu. October/November is the season time for trekkers in Sandakhphu. If you are planning to trek,get in touch with Mr. Saroj Thapa #9083355810. He is a professional guide ( English speaking).He is very helpful & can manage everything for you.

Sumanta Paul

4. Re: Sandakphu in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2017, 12:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now