We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
131 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

I see that there is a few airports in the surrounding area. Flying into Huntsville for a meeting and I see some flights in the $600 range. Pretty steep for a flight that is under 2 hours! Looking for options so anything will help!

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
Alabama
Level Contributor
20 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

If you don't mind renting a car and driving for an hour and a half, you can fly into Nashville, TN. They tend to have more reasonable rates. Otherwise, it's Huntsville or Birmingham airports.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
4,073 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

I would take Southwest to Birmingham. The traffic in Birmingham is not as bad as Nashville and the airport is not as busy. We live just outside of Huntsville and rarely ever take flights from the airport here except when our employer is paying for it. The nice thing about the Huntsville airport is that it is not crowded at all.

Mentioned in this post
Nashville
Nashville
Davidson County, TN
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
596 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

I would agree with B'ham. But also check to see if there are any specials into Huntsville itself or Chattanooga. If you are willing to drive a few hours, Houston to Atlanta would be the cheapest.

Mentioned in this post
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Houston
Houston
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

Yeh..., Birmingham and Chattanooga are about the same distance from Huntsville, UNLESS your meeting is by the HSV airport, then BHM is about 20 miles closer. That said, I doubt you'll find a cheaper fare to Chattanooga to make it worth getting a rental. ATL is over 200 miles and not interstate...I wouldn't do that...

Did you check both IAH AND Hobby? 600 indeed sounds crazy...

KM

Edited: 26 February 2018, 23:50
Mentioned in this post
Chattanooga
Chattanooga
Tennessee
Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
131 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?

Thanks for all the help everyone. In order to make my conference I need to fly in that morning or the night before. So I bit the bullet and decided to opt out of the driving from near cities. Thanks much everyone for all of your help!

Reply to: Cheapest airport to fly into from Houston?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Huntsville