We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a stop between Gatlinburg, TN and Oxford, MS

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21 posts
71 reviews
Need a stop between Gatlinburg, TN and Oxford, MS

Traveling with wife, a 3 year old and a 2 year old.

We like outdoorsy stuff like hiking.

We'd be look for spending two days wherever we decide to stay.

Is Huntsville and the surrounding area a good option?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Need a stop between Gatlinburg, TN and Oxford, MS

My preference

www.alapark.com/lake-guntersville-state-park

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Need a stop between Gatlinburg, TN and Oxford, MS

BTW when I look at google maps..From Gatlinburg, it goes north to get interstate and goes to Knoxville. Not the way I would do lt at all. I would go thru Townsend and Maryville. Check with a Tenn TA board

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
35,175 posts
508 reviews
3. Re: Need a stop between Gatlinburg, TN and Oxford, MS

I would come down to Chattanooga and hit I 59 and head south to Fort Payne for the Little river canyon area which has hiking, waterfalls, etc. Can also visit lake Guntersville and if into bargain shopping stop at Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro. Then head across and hit 78/ I 22 to Tupelo and then highway 9 to highway 6 to Oxford.

4. Re: Need a stop between Gatlinburg, TN and Oxford, MS

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2017, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Huntsville