We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

I've been checking coach travel Melaka - Singapore on-line and most luxury seem to depart Melaka in the afternoon. (luxury, grassland, express)

We need to leave in the morning to be back in Singapore mid to late afternoon.

I have a couple of specific questions after all this research:

1. Can someone confirm the travel time from Melaka to Singapore on these luxury type coaches.

2. What would the travel time be if we used one of the hourly services from the bus station ie delima (found this on the journeymalaysia www.)

3. Would it be OK to book tickets on arrival in Melaka for 4 days later?

thanks

Kuala Terengganu...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Melaka to Singapore ..would be 3 hour 30 minute by Bus.

There many buses go to Larkin Bus Station at Johor Bharu.You have to ask at the bus counter ticket at Melacca.

Its would be fine, if you make a advance booking.

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Thanks for the advice.

Based on a 3.5 hours trip we would be able to take the Grassland coach that leaves Melaka at 1:00pm.

regards

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Hi cthink,

3.5hrs is the shortest time from Malacca to Singapore assuming it is on a weekday. The journey from Singapore to Malacca is shorter as most luxury buses use the second link causeway instead of Woodland which is where most of the buses use to go into Singapore.

If you are not travelling during weekend, you can buy the ticket in Melaka when you are there. If you travel on Sunday, then you may have to buy before hand.

Avoid Delima which has the narrowest seat. 707 is the best for economy and non stop bus. The bus has no stop at all unless requested. City Holiday / Jebat Express is also good with comfy seat and almost no stop.

Grassland and Konsortium may have a drink break for about 30mins.

Generally, the travel time is 4-4.5 hours.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Alex gives very good advice - but, it can take even longer ..... once took me 8 hours.

Just avoid 5 (or Five) Star Tours.

One tip - Singapore in December can have lots and lots of rain - it you arrive when it is tiping down, getting a taxi can be very, very, very hard.

Try to get a bus that is going to Lavender Street where there is an MRT station.

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Thanks Alex and Esorl,

We arrive in Malacca on 30 Dec and don't need bus to Singapore til 3 Jan so I think we'll wait to we get there and go book something straight away.

We should have a couple of options then and could get a morning bus service.

If all else fails I guess we can get down to JB and take the public bus from central bus station there into Singapore to the MRT. We're staying at the InterContinental so MRT to Bugis is no problems.

thanks again for all the advice.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

whoops

if you go from JB, the bus will drop you at Queen Street Bus Station - a long walk to the nearest MRT station - esp. if it is raining.

Better to get from JB to Kranji MRT (or Woodlands) once across the causway (there is a bus link) from here you can get around easily on the MRT.

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Hi Esorl,

"Better to get from JB to Kranji MRT (or Woodlands) once across the causway (there is a bus link) from here you can get around easily on the MRT."

That was my thinking, when we were originally dropping a hire car back at JB airport I researched getting from there to Kranji or Woodlands. Now we are only hiring a car for 2 days (to get out of Melaka to KL and the elephant Sanctuary) we are now busing back from Melaka to Sing.

I think the whole thing will be an experience (hopefully an OK one), maybe I'll make it the 15yr old's task - get us back to Sinapore without catching a cab, now that could be a real learning experience lol.

Melaka, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Melaka
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Hi cthink,

Queen Street bus station is actually less than 5 minutes walk from Bugis MRT station or Interconn.

If you get off at Beach Road station which is used by luxury coaches like Konsortium and Grassland.You would need a taxi.

Jebat Express and 707 bus have morning 8am service to Singapore and you should arrive by 1pm.

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Thanks Alex,

Do both Jebat Express and 707 go to Queen Street?

Can we book either of these in Melaka a couple of days prior to travelling?

If so where?

and a dumb question? is 707 a bus number or company name??

Ballan, Australia
Level Contributor
204 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus travel times Melaka - Singapore

Ok forget the dumb question - goolged it and found 707 is a company :-)