We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from melaka to ipoh

Which Melaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
bus from melaka to ipoh

the three of us will be coming into Melaka by bus from KL. we plan to stay in Melaka for 2 nights before taking a bus to Ipoh for one night.

are there many buses that do this run? any idea of the costs of this trip Melaka to Ipoh?

i assume that the place to catch the bus would be the Melaka Sentral Bus Terminus?

thank you for any advice/suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Hi, I am interested to find out too :-)

We are traveling to Melaka in 2 weeks time and then on to the Cameron Highlands. I was thinking of taking bus or taxi.

Anyone?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Try transnasional:

https://www.ticket4u.com.my/Transnasional/

Or just head to melaka sentral to buy a ticket to ipoh, should not be a problem on short notice.

For cameron highlands, its best to take a bus from Melaka to Kuala lumpur (bukit jalil station) and then take the Unititi bus at 1pm from KL Bukit jalil to cameron highlands. KL-melaka is easily available at melaka sentral or book online on delima.com.my

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Hi there.

I have just done Melaka to Bukit Jalil. Coach fare with transnacional coach line cost rm22 per person. From there to Ipoh, dont know how much it costs, but as you can see the coach fares arnt expensive.

Cheers. Danuta.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Hi, melaka to ipoh direct costs about RM 30 one way, travel time direct at 3.5 hours. No need to go through KL or bukit jalil because you will lose extra time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Hello,

Any idea where you purchase your ticket? Do you need to pre book and where is the departure of the bus.

Do you know how much it would be to get to Cameron Highlands from Melaka with car + chauffeur? My hotel could organise it but they are pretty expensive I think.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Bukit Jalil is a bus terminal. You get down from the bus from melaka, walk to the ticketing counters (unititi) and buy a ticket for the bus to cameron highlands at 1:30pm. Should be able to get tickets about an hour before departure.

Expect to pay about RM 600 or more for a private transfer from melaka to Cameron highlands.

Sydney
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

global_traveller,

thanks for your helpful info. checked on the transnasional site for melaka to ipoh and found the bus leaves at 10 pm!! not keen to get into ipoh at 1 am!!

wonder if it would be cost effective to find a taxi for the trip (now 4 of us in the group)? is there a particular place in melaka to look for taxis that do inter-city trips? or just keep asking? wonder what the fare would be?

yes, the other option is to go via kl.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

Hi juniper, other bus companies cater to the melaka-ipoh route, take a look at the bus companies here and call them up to confirm their schedule:

www.melaka.gov.my/v3/view_article.php…

I don't think getting a ticket from melaka to Ipoh is going to be ANY problem at all, But worst case scenario and if you really can't get direct bus; I would suggest that you also take a look at the option of a transnasional to KLIA or LCCT airport from melaka, then jump unto a YoYo express at LCCT or KLIA to Ipoh. That way, you stay along the highway and don't lose too much time going into Kuala lumpur.

You can book yoyo online or just be at the airport to catch their buses (every 1.5-2 hours):

http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptaklia.htm#2

9. Re: bus from melaka to ipoh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 12:17