We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Likuliku or Tokoriki

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Likuliku or Tokoriki

Hi All - I posted this in Fiji but a fodorite suggested I post it on the resort Island site too so if this is a repeat for some of you - please disregard.

Hi All - well, we finally decided on and booked our Honeymoon. You all provided a lot of assistance - thank you for your help.

We chose Matangi for 5 nights followed by YIR for 5 nights. About 3 weeks ago, our TA booked our reservations for both resorts and we paid our deposits. The TA also booked our airfare and we paid for it in full.

Prior to deciding on which resort we wanted to pair with Matangi, we exchanged many many emails with YIR. This email exchange took place up until the night before we had the TA book our rooms and flights - and about a week later, our TA was informed by YIR, by way of a letter, that YIR was cancelling our reservation (and everyone else's between April and Oct 2017) because they decided to close the resort for 6 months to allow a film crew to come in and shoot a movie.

To say we are disappointed, is the understatement, and we are also really disturbed with the way the whole situation has been handled. I particularly wonder what people who had April reservations are doing with the last minute cancellation. YIR has offered us absolutely nothing (they haven't even informed us first hand of the cancellation). The letter that the TA forwarded to me simply offers a weak apology from YIR and their recommendation to find alternative lodging for the dates they cancelled.

So - we are looking at Likuliku (garden beachfront bure) or Tokoriki (beachfront bure). Both are the same price. Does anyone have any suggestions on which they'd chose and why?

I've heard the tides can make the beach at Likuliku kind of unappealing during some parts of the day - I've also read in other posts that that's the case at most Fiji resorts/beaches and not isolated to Likuliku. Can anyone provide detail around this and if it should be factored into choosing Tokoriki versus Likuliku or vice versa? I've tried checking the tidal charts, as recommended by some, but I'm not sure if I'm reading them correctly so hoping someone can set me straight.

Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,373 posts
154 reviews
1. Re: Likuliku or Tokoriki

Answered on other site.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Likuliku or Tokoriki

Tokoriki. It’s lovely beaches not impacted :). Get yir to upgrade you to a beachfront with pool :). They are awesome . Matamanoa is also verry good

Reply to: Likuliku or Tokoriki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Matamanoa Island