We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matamanoa / Malolo

cairns
8 posts
Save Topic
Matamanoa / Malolo

We were looking at staying at Malolo for 8 nights on our honeymoon. We are now starting to think that maybe we should split our time up and spend 5 nights on Malolo and 3 on Matamonoa. Need some advice should we just stay at Malolo or should we go to both??

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matamanoa / Malolo

Matamano is child free and a very popular ;honeymoon destination. The beaches and snorkeling are much better than Malolo which is a great resort but more family orinentated. I would go to Matamanoa for a honeymoon. We have stayed there multiple times and really enjoyed everything about it. Lots of private beach spots too.

Port Douglas
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Matamanoa / Malolo

I would split your stay between the two, as long as you avoid school holidays I think you'll really enjoy Malolo. There were quite a few honeymoon couples while we were there and I don't think they were disturbed too much by the children that were there at the time. Matamanoa looks lovely and would have been a choice of mine if we didn't have kids....also Tokoriki! I guess also depends if you want to move resorts...personally I like to move around and after 6 nights on one island I'm ready to see something new but that is just me! We did 12 nights on 2 different islands then 5 nights at Coral Coast and 2 nights @ Denerau...we certainly didn't get bored!

cairns
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Matamanoa / Malolo

Thanks heaps for the advice! We are staying in Nadi 1 night either side of the island. We are thinking Sofitel... any suggestions?? Thanks

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Matamanoa / Malolo

Hi.......possibly too late for you - not sure when your honeymoon is - but Matamanoa is AMAZING and as for a night in Nadi - my fiance and I spent our first night before heading to Matamanoa at the Westin and it was lovely. We had dinner at the Flying Fish at the Sheraton which was a short - 2-3min - walk around the sandy path. Fabulous food, service and views! Hope your time there is/was wonderful!

5. Re: Matamanoa / Malolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2010, 13:36
Get answers to your questions about Matamanoa Island