We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Replenished Beach on Sunset Side?

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Replenished Beach on Sunset Side?

Hello,

I've been reading a few posts from around the time Fiji was hit with a hurricane about a year ago, and I see that the sunset side of Matamanoa had sand washed away.

Can anyone confirm that the sand is replenished at all there?

I'm looking at the google maps satellite image, dated 2013, and it shows beach on the sunset side, but I want to confirm.

if anyone has recent photos of the sunset side beach, it would be very helpful to see them.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,676 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Replenished Beach on Sunset Side?

Have a look at the reviews of Matamanoa on this site and contact one of the recent reviewers and ask them.

That side of the island really the south side is often without sand. You have the north beach and the east beach too. I am suprised t hat the south beach lost sand this time all the other resorts seemed to lose it on the north side from what we saw when we were there in Dec/Jan and May and October this year.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Replenished Beach on Sunset Side?

Hi Matthew

We visited in January this year and the beach on the sunset side is still fantastic and I didn't really notice much difference compared to when we visited the year before. It's still paradise as usual though I would recommend checking out the new beachfront villas on the North side of the island, great beach too :)

Perth, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Replenished Beach on Sunset Side?

I don't know how it looked before but plenty of sand sunset side

4. Re: Replenished Beach on Sunset Side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2016, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Matamanoa Island