We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vomo or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Topic
Vomo or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

We'd like to stay on the beach so it's easy to get up and paddle, explore from the door, and relax on a lounge out the front while youngest is napping midday inside, have some time without kids too - that they will also enjoy, and fresh, healthy food (not too much but snacks available between meals as well e.g. piece of fruit and cheese).

Travel agent has recommended Castaway but I'd like something not so big but still good for families.

I read a review that kids club only during school holidays (what dates?) and at night they just watch videos. Anyone know more? Their website didn't mention at all.

Thanks for your time :)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vomo or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

Go for a beachfront bure at Castaway. Castaway is not that big and I'm sure kthe kids would enjoy it more than Vomo though you may prefer Vomo but you are further from the beach with the accomodation than at Castaway. With kids I would go to Castaway. Have a look at Malolo Island Resort if you want something smaller.

Auckland
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vomo or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

Castaway definitely - the kids will enjoy themselves and you will be able to grab some together time as well whilst they are away at the kids club!!!!

the pacific
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vomo or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

if you want to spoil yourself I ll go to vomo and get a nanny!

4. Re: Vomo or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Vomo Island