We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vom or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

Melbourne
3 posts
Save Topic
Vom or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

We'd like to stay on the beach so it's easy to get up and paddle, explore from the door, and relax on a lounge out the front while youngest is napping midday inside, have some time without kids too - that they will also enjoy, and fresh, healthy food (not too much but snacks available between meals as well e.g. piece of fruit and cheese).

Travel agent has recommended Castaway but I'd like something not so big but still good for families.

I read a review that kids club only during school holidays (what dates?) and at night they just watch videos. Anyone know more? Their website didn't mention at all.

Thanks for your time:)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vom or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

We have been to Castaway twice - not to Vomo. Vomo as you are probably aware is twice the price so the food will be of a much higher standard and the accomodation will be better.

If you stay in a beach front bure on Castaway you can definately get up and paddle and explore from the door and relax on a lounge out the front while one child sleeps. Food - hmmmm I don't know if I would call the kids menu fresh and healthy. Keeping in mind its over a year since we were there but from memory dinner was stir fried veges, sausages, crumbed battered fish etc. Lunch has better options but if you're expecting 5 star quality it's just not like that at all. It's pretty good by Fiji stds though. Castaway has kids club every day of the year, it's the teenagers program that tends to run only during school holidays. They have night time activities then when they're finished they watch a video.

2. Re: Vom or Castaway with 3 boys (7, 5 & 3 years)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 15:21
Get answers to your questions about Vomo Island