We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best for small kids - Vomo vs Jean Michel Cousteau??

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best for small kids - Vomo vs Jean Michel Cousteau??

I cannot decide??? Which is the best for small children under 5 - Vomo or Jean Michel?

We are looking at going out of school holidays. I prefer Vomo as I can get there by boat ( I dislike small planes!), but Jean Michel looks the best in terms of nannies/kids club during out of school holidays. Jean Michel is abit cheaper.

Any thoughts??

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,145 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best for small kids - Vomo vs Jean Michel Cousteau??

The plane trip is short and quite spectacular as you fly over the island and the coral reefs. Jean Michel Cousteau would be my choice far more for kids and you too.

brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best for small kids - Vomo vs Jean Michel Cousteau??

We stayed at Jean Michel for 5 nights in May last year. It was THE most wonderful experience! Our children were 2.5 and turning 5. The nannies were AMAZING - we never worried for a second and our kids were so happy and loved. This gave us time away to spend with each other eating THE most amazing food and enjoying cocktail hour. If you are lucky enough to have the chance to get there it is well worth the trip. The plane is small (and noisy) but we felt totally safe (we were in the plane by ourselves) - it seated maybe 8-10 passengers. Coming back we had a much larger plane that held 20. Either way it is well worth the flight. You will come back relaxed and refreshed. You must GO!! When we arrived there were other Aussies getting on the plane to come back - they said hi and asked if we'd been there before. We said no. They replied 'You are going to love every second' and we did. The staff held a surprise birthday party for my son as we left and sang him happy birthday. It had such a family feeling yet was such a small resort. You can snorkle off the island and can hire out the private island too - wonderful for the kids! The diving and snorkling is fantastic but the food is the BEST! Nothing was too much trouble - we were totally spoilt and pampered. I even cried when we left! Just a magical experience!

3. Re: Best for small kids - Vomo vs Jean Michel Cousteau??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2010, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Vomo Island