We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

Hi Guys,

Still trying to decide on the honeymoon (hardest thing I've had to do for the whole wedding I'd say - the rest was so easy).

I'm liking Yasawa Island Resort & Vomo Island Resort.

My fiancee really likes the look of the Hillside Villas on Vomo (he thinks it could possibly be a bit more private than a beachside villa where you might have people coming past all the time).

I just want to know the difference between the Hillside & the Beachside Villas? Are they very far from the beach/main resort (is it much of a walk)? Do they still have things like deck chairs or day beds for outdoors relaxing? Is there any other differences between the two villas?

Any advice would be great! I think I'm sorted when it comes to Yasawa - I know exactly what I like there but any other tips you could offer would be great :)

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

You shouldn't get people coming passed all the time in the beachfront bures they are well spaced and private. To me more preferable than the hillside as you don't have to walk up and down from the beach and facilities. You have your own space out front. Vomo is a wonderful resort. I don't know of Yasawa Island resort so can't comment but Vomo is fantastic.

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

Both villas are the same, my preference for honeymooners would be hillside. They have great views, very private and most importantly are stand alone. Most the beachfront are duplex and you can hear everything!!!

They are on the hill behind the main restaurant and a 1 minute walk too beachfront, if that! They over look the gardens and tennis courts and a great outlook.

Just don't go school holidays as you will be surrounded by more kids than normal.

Enjoy!!

Hope that helps

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

Thanks for the responses!

Neither of you woul have pics of either villa (beachside or hillside) would you? There isn't much on the website & I did notice it doesn't say deck chairs on the hillside but does on the beachside (this is important to me).

Still so confused on yasawa or vomo. Dont know why but this has been the hardest part of the whole wedding! Everything else I've known what I wanted and picked really easily!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

Hi Lozzie

Have a look at the reviews, then traveller photos, you can then tick "room/suite" for specific pics

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g308263-d590…

LTB

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas

Hi LOzzie,

Have you decided? Its hard isnt it. Do you still want photos? We stayed on Vomo (beachfront) in Sept last year. If you want photos or any other detail, email me at elovaszy@yahoo.com

Erica.

Reply to: HIllside Villas vs Beachside Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vomo Island