We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VOMO or malolo island resort

sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
VOMO or malolo island resort

Hi, My husband and i are planning a fiji holiday in Ausgust with our baby (who will be 9 months old). We are trying to decide between malolo or Vomo island. They are both similarly priced at the moment if we compare Malolo deluxe oceanview rooms with meal plan to a garden view room at Vomo. has anyone stayed at both?

We are looking for a beautiful beach for swimming, a good pool, good snorkelling and good food and great ninnes of course!

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
sydney
Level Contributor
116 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

Wow thats incredible they are similarly priced....I have been to both and paid triple at Vomo. There is no comparison between the two and if you can afford Vomo DO NOT hesitate. VOMO ALL THE WAY.

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

We have been too both last year as well. This is my opinion:

Vomo:

Beautiful food, if you are a foodie you will enjoy it.

Great service.

Found staff not overly as friendly as Malolo; they seemed to not let down their guard, or not allowed too!

Malolo:

Thought the bures alot nicer and more private than Vomo. Vomo walls paperthin and we could constantly hear our honeymooning neighbors yelps of joy!

Kids enjoyed Malolo kids club better. But this was before Vomo's new one opened later this year.

We enjoyed Malolo water trips more and a lot more activities on offer.

Guests at Malolo more friendly. On Vomo we found half very friendly and half thought they were supercool and too good for anyone else.

Our preference was Malolo.....I think this is because we liked their bures more, guests friendly and no one trying to outdo each other. Also more couples on Vomo and nearly all the kids seemed to stay at kids club whilst adults dined. We took the kids to dinner a couple of times, and we were on edge in keeping them very quiet since so many couples surrounding us! Quite sad but some parents seemed to put their kids in their nearly 24/7!! We found staff more open and showed their true selves whilst Vomo staff friendly but reserved. Vomo food cannot be beaten, but more to do on Malolo. Dayspa in the rainforest on Malolo was also nicer.

Despite the pros and cons on each you cannot go wrong with either! Enjoy!

Edited: 25 December 2012, 18:38
sydney
Level Contributor
116 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

I would like o add something that might help, between vomo and malolo I like vomo, add castaway into the mix though I love castaway over vomo. Decent food, great kids club, kids have a better time, more to do or kids really, that's where we will head back to, us having 4 kids makes us consider different things though, at Vomo we had 2 bures so it worked well, I agree for the price you pay at vomo a bure next to another so close s not good if it's not your own kids.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

Guys - this post was originally put up in March for an August holiday. A bit late with responses I think..............

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

Tez

To be honest I didn't even look at the date!!

This question has been asked previously so will no doubt help others who bother to search the forum!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

Too true Luclen - are you still going to Fiji?

Australia
Level Contributor
611 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VOMO or malolo island resort

We were due to fly out 21st for 14 nights but found out 48 hours before that Malolo damaged and closed til 31 March. I tried to find alternate island accommodation but to no avail. We decided to cancel as our trip was worth $10k and we weren't going to travel and stay at any old place and have a half experience!

So we have rebooked Malolo for Xmas 2013, and will do a quick week in August.

Took me 3 days off depression to get over the fact we were t having Xmas and new yrs in Fiji. We at Sanctuary Cove now then headed to Port Douglas tomarrow instead :( still not the same as Fiji!!

Reply to: VOMO or malolo island resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vomo Island