We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vomo Refurb 2015 + Snorkeling

New York, NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Vomo Refurb 2015 + Snorkeling

Can anyone elaborate on the improvements being made to Vomo in early 2015? My wife and I are considering a trip in September 2015 and heard some of the work will include creation of more "adults only" areas. We have been in the fence about Vomo because it is so family friendly (nothing against kids, just prefer not to have a lot around during our stay.) We have confirmed our travel dates do not coincide with Aus/NZ school holidays, so that should help.

If there is a pool and restaurant that are adults only that would be perfect. Would staying in one of the standalone hillside villas allow for greater privacy and quiet? Also, how is the snorkeling? Does the resort offer snorkeling trips to reefs off site? I have heard the best snorkeling sites are usually off the resort islands...

3 replies to this topic
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vomo Refurb 2015 + Snorkeling

Hi JMS86,

Haven't stayed at the resort, so can't offer your questions. You might read the reviews, then private message posters.

The resort is closing January 16 thru March 16, 2015 for renovations. Details on the work being done are in the following link. Would contact them regarding adults only areas. Snorkeling tours and other activities are listed on the website.

http://vomofiji.com/news-and-press/

There are resorts that have excellent snorkeling directly off the beach It is one of our must haves in a resort as well as being adults only.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 25 December 2014, 05:00
Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Vomo Refurb 2015 + Snorkeling

Whilst Vomo is not renowned for being as kid friendly as other resorts. There will be kids there. And consider that out of school holiday period, you will have under 4 year olds...

Try an adults only island.

We are heading there with our 8 year old twins and will be very disappointed if places like Rocks Bar now ban kids.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vomo Refurb 2015 + Snorkeling

I have stayed at Vomo and its definitely a luxury family resort. There are kids there all year round. we have school age kids and we just took time off school....in saying that though the kids tend to want to stay in the kids club because its so fun. Or at the pool. The island would benefit from having a Adult only pool which I think is planned maybe next year?

If I didn't have kids, I don't think this island would appeal to me. Its the fact its kid friendly and luxury together that is so appealing to families.

Reply to: Vomo Refurb 2015 + Snorkeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vomo Island