We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temps in Arenal now

Arlington VA USA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Temps in Arenal now

We will be in La Fortuna this Thursday for 3 days. We plan on packing light. Are temps cool enough that we would need more than a long sleeve shirt at night?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
548 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temps in Arenal now

We just got back from staying at The Springs Resort Dec 27-31st. I never wore anything long sleeved. I don't know the actual temps, but it was very warm and humid. Even at dinner (9-10pm), I wore a sleeveless dress and was very comfortable. Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and...
2,627 Reviews
Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
88 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temps in Arenal now

P.S. I should also mention that we are from MN and left subzero temps to come to Costa Rica. Arenal was at least 100 degrees warmer than home, so we were always WARM. If you are from a warmer climate, perhaps you could get chilled more easily. We saw locals wearing long pants and long sleeved shirts, and it looked strange...but it probably their winter.

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
916 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
3. Re: Temps in Arenal now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 13:20
Get answers to your questions about Arenal Volcano...