We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monteverde, then to somewhere(?) on the Nicoya Peninsula

South San...
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Monteverde, then to somewhere(?) on the Nicoya Peninsula

We are going to be staying in Monteverde at the start of our trip, then plan to go down to somewhere on the Nicoya Peninsula for 3 nights. While there, we're looking to relax...swim, kayak, snorkel. From my research, it seems like Samara might be the best option (I think). Any other suggestions?

Also - would it be best to drive from Monteverde or should we drive back to San Jose and take a puddle jumper to the peninsula? Open to either option.

Thanks!

La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monteverde, then to somewhere(?) on the Nicoya Peninsula

I agree that Samara is the best option for what you want to do. Very cool laid back village with small shops, restaurants and beautiful beach areas (Carrillo included). You would be better off to drive directly to Samara as it is only 3 - 3.5 hours from Monteverde.

Sámara, Guanacaste...
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monteverde, then to somewhere(?) on the Nicoya Peninsula

Hi Jenca78,

Samara is a really good option. Like explorinCA said, it is only about a 3.5 hr drive. There are tons of things to do in Samara and Carrillo and they are one of the nicest beaches in Costa Rica. It would be a good change from the Monteverde climate and surroundings! Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
3. Re: Monteverde, then to somewhere(?) on the Nicoya Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:40
Get answers to your questions about Nicoya