We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest all inclusive?

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest all inclusive?

Planning a trip the first week in February. Prefer an all inclusive on the beach with a great pool. Don't want to feel like I'm in Vegas or at the local Marriott. Looking for local feel, great food and great service. Would prefer to spend more and stay less than go cheap and be disappointed.

Suggestions?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

The Westin Playa Conchal is the best all-inclusive in Costa Rica and it is on what many consider the best beach in Costa Rica. There are not many all inclusive hotels in Costa Rica to choose between and none of them, IMO, that I have seen have much of a local feel.

If you want a gorgeous spot in the middle of a rainforest with all meals included (but not drinks) check out Lapas Rios in the Osa peninsula, http://www.laparios.com/ That will give you a good idea of what the best of Costa Rica is all about - glorious ocean views but alas no beach.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

Incredible great advidce as alwaays by crfan...two great choices...the best AI in Costa Rica by far WESTIN CONCHAL and at the South Pacific of our country by OSA...Lapa Rios...nothing around as nice as Lapa Rios...incredible nice decent owners..not cheap...but wotrh it every penny you pay for...

RIU no thank you...!

roadadivsor

Edited: 11 November 2012, 02:46
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

Thank you all! I think we may do Lapa Rios!

What an amazing and different experience!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

While Lapa Rios is an exceptional place to stay, please note:

1. Not on the beach. It's a 350 foot vertical hike to the beach.

2. Not a true all-inclusive. Alcohol is extra.

3. While the pool is nice, I wouldn't describe it as great.

But it's a really nice place.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
113 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

so where do you suggest?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

Westin Playa Conchal. It's a true all inclusive and it has a truly great pool. And it's on the beach. The buildings are all 2 storey 8-plexes (except for the Royal Service) and has a kind of homey feel to it. Definitely not Vegas or the Marriott.

Lapa Rios fills the "local feel" requirement better, although there won't ever be many locals staying there at those prices. I guess it depends on what you mean by "local feel". If it means the Costa Rica experience that they like to advertise: rainforests, animals, nature etc., then Lapa Rios is a better choice.

If it means getting to see local towns and people, then the Westin is likely better. It's right next door to the town of Brasilito, which is a pretty typical Costa Rica town. You can walk to there on the beach.

No all inclusive resort will give you the feel of being away from it all and experiencing the country the way the locals do. A small hotel in a small town would be better for that.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

It must be really nice but can anyone that works for a living actually afford to stay there??????????????????

I'm going with the Westin. It's a deal and I don't have to worry about bad karma like I would at Riu.

8. Re: Nicest all inclusive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Nicoya