We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Lucas Island, Tortuga

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
San Lucas Island, Tortuga

Hi all, been hemming and hawing.... This looked SO interesting to go to - but it's getting complicated to try and arrange with our itinerary. And $65 US per person is quite a bit. We will have already been crossing the bay via ferry... so the boat trip isn't part of the fun. (tho it will be). The island just looked very interesting.

Opinions: worth the time, effort and money? or no? tourist trap? Yes or no.

We were also skipping Tortuga, as we've been to many beautiful white sand beaches, with great snorkeling....

Opinions: right or wrong?

We are under a time crunch so will only have a day or two in the Curu/Paquera area, that's why I'm hesitating....

Thank you as always everyone!

6 replies to this topic
Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
410 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Lucas Island, Tortuga

Something on my Bucket list is a Bio-lumenessence night kayak tour. They offer them at a couple of places nearby.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Lucas Island, Tortuga

We did one in Vieques, Puerto rico. And may do another one here with a Canadian kayak company.

Nobody been to San Lucas here???

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Lucas Island, Tortuga

ticotimes.net/travel/…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Lucas Island, Tortuga

Oh thank you, that's interesting info - but we will be driving over on the ferry, in fact having a driving holiday. So we were just going to hook up with Turismo Curu to go over to San Lucas.

IF, in fact, people thought it was worth $65US per person!

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: San Lucas Island, Tortuga

Anyone know if there's a simple/easy way to get passage to Isla San Lucas? On short notice and at a reasonable hour?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Lucas Island, Tortuga

I just got a hold of Turismo Curu ahead of time, via email. but it was kinda scary when we got there - asking for Luis - the guy I had contacted for months before - because he wasn't there. We were only there for 2 days, and we HAD to go that day. In the end it did work out and all was well, and the guy we went with was very nice.

Reply to: San Lucas Island, Tortuga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nicoya