We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Cruz Grocery Store

San Diego...
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Cruz Grocery Store

I'm looking for a good grocery store in Santa Cruz that won't be as expensive as Tamarindo. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

Honestly, theres not much difference, especially when you factor in the 45 minute drive time each way. Maxi Pali is the new kid in town, right next to Mega Super at the Banco Nacional, maybe with a wider range of products but no huge savings. Actually Auto Mercado, just outside Tamarindo, has some good deals at the moment especially on wine. In Tamarindo itself, Super Compro consistently has the lowest prices.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
633 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

Agree with above. Super Compro is good enough. What specifically do you find expensive? Food/groceries in CR with inflation has skyrocketed in recent year...

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

If you're willing to take the drive to the actual town of Santa Cruz, there is a grocery store called Pali where everything is quite a bit less expensive. You'll need to buy several hundred dollars of stuff to make the trip worthwhile.

Philadelphia...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

I'm going to be staying in Playa Negra, and want to stop at a good grocery store on the way from LIR. Would you recommend Maxi Pali in Santa Cruz? How do I get there from Route 21? A friend said maybe the Super Compro in Belen? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

I would definitely pick the Super Compro over the Maxi Pali (which is a not-so-good version of WalMart).

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

Super Vompro....good optoon...

Of course the quality at SUTO MERCADO in Tamarindo it id hard to match...

Roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

haha roadadvisor - your fingers are too big!

"Super Compro.. good option....

Of course the quality at AUTO MERCADO in Tamarindo it is hard to match....."

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

Yes Hattie hard to type in my SAMSUNG...thank you for the corrrection!

AUTO MERCADO...in Tamarindo!

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

Pura vida......

10. Re: Santa Cruz Grocery Store

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
Recent Conversations
More Santa Cruz Topics