We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Parrita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Hi, I live in Tamarindo and was told by a friend that there is a fabric store in Santa Cruz. I am just trying to confirm that and see if I can get any info on it? (large selection? do they carry other sewing supplies? etc) THANK YOU!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,782 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

I know they are some fabric stores around downtown Santa Cruz…about the selection is good but not really extensive…just good enough…to make a nice dress…shirt…etc.

Also not that hard to find sewing supplies…once again basic…

Roadadvisor

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Yes, its a pretty small place called Carmencitas. There are also a couple of fabric stores in Liberia on the main drag, but you may want to check out Yamuni in San Jose for a better selection.

Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Simon is correct about the store in Liberia... My friend bought a bunch of unique fabrics to take home with her

on the main street before the big church on the right side.

pura vida,

Randy

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,782 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Simon is also correct about Yamuni in San Jose…but if Im not wrong the OP is asking for fabric stores around Santa Cruz…a lot of options of course in San Jose…Heredia…Alajuela…etc

roadadvisor

Parrita, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Thanks a lot! I definitely don't want to travel out to San Jose but I will check out these places in Santa Cruz & Liberia! Thanks again guys.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

The store in Liberia is large and has a huge selection, including curtain and upholstery fabric. If you can't find what you are looking for in Santa Cruz, I think you can find it in Liberia. The one I have been quite a few times is on the main street, about 4 blocks from the traffic light at Rt 1. It's on the right side of the boulevard as you are going into Liberia from the traffic light.

Edited: 06 November 2014, 04:47
Kingman, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

Hola Jana M,

I surely agree with you on not wanting to go to SJO .. .the shop in Liberia is as I said earlier is a great shop.. My friend in AZ found lots to take back to the states for her quilting projects .. very different stuff here and nice!

pura vida and silver threads and golden ribbons!

Randy

8. Re: Fabric Store in Santa Cruz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2015, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
Recent Conversations
More Santa Cruz Topics