We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeo festivals?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Rodeo festivals?

I'm a fan of rodeos and love seeing them when I travel. I know there is a festival in Santa Cruz this January (Fiestas Típicas Nacionales Santa Cruz 14th-18th). Anybody have any more information on this festival? I`m curious if there is a schedule of events, where the events take place, and similar details. Anybody know whats up?

1 reply
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodeo festivals?

We were there for a couple of days of the festivities once but it was over 20 years ago. They have a great facebookk page with a bunch of photos etc. https:/… and it doesn't look like it's changed all that much in the past two decades although the bull ring and rodeo stands are bigger now...horse tope still on main street and most of the other activities in plaza Mangos.

Have been to many fiestas patronales all over Costa Rica and the ones on the Nicoya Peninsula are always some of the best probably because the sabanero culture is still an everyday way of life for so many people. Enjoy!

Reply to: Rodeo festivals?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
Recent Conversations
More Santa Cruz Topics