We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't locate a business on TA

Marshfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Can't locate a business on TA

I recently came back from a vacation in Guanacaste, Costa Rica and would like to write a review for a pottery shop we visited in Guaitil, Santa Cruz. The name of the shop (in Spanish) is Las Tinajita's. Unfortunately, I can't find anything for a search with Guaitil, let alone the shop. I tried to add a business, however I do not have a street address. I have the business card in front of me. Does anyone know how I could go about this? Guaitil is known for it's quaint pottery shops and I'm surprised it's not listed. The owners of this shop were wonderful and I would like to give a good review as I promised. Thank you in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
329 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't locate a business on TA

Just open a topic on TA listing Guanacaste forum and the do it.

Do you by the name of the owner, to help you out.

RideOnTrailsCr

Edited: 05 May 2018, 08:55
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,459 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't locate a business on TA

I've noticed that for some places that don't have a physical address, it will say something like 1 block from the Central Park or 1 km west of the Catholic Church. Is there any landmark nearby that you could enter?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't locate a business on TA

So sad about it...but that is the way we are...for Guaitil....some of the people mostly for taxes...they do not register the name of the stores...is going to be hard to find them....the only way maybe drive there and try to find them....

I wish I can help you I love my indian people...well I am one of them...and very proud!!!

roadadvisor

Level Contributor
329 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't locate a business on TA

Just open a topic and tell the story to all of us.

Be nice.

RideOnTrailsCr

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't locate a business on TA

From TA Help Desk - https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/… (How do I request that a place or business be added to TA).

You have their business card, so you should be able to find out the location / "address" info you are seeking. If the business is trying to avoid being found or paying taxes, as suggested in Post 3, well... you decide...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't locate a business on TA

Hard to explain to some people how the situation is regarding taxes for some small vendors...in Costa Rica today we are full of people from other countries as well as locals that can jnot or do not like to pay any taxes.

Just as example...having a store sing hanging in front of your store means a payment to the Municipality...of course people avoid the signs...It can take me pages just to explain the taxes situation...

roadadvisor

Reply to: Can't locate a business on TA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz
More Santa Cruz Topics