We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

My girlfriend and I are planning on coming to PV. The area sounds intriguing ... yet a little rough. We are OK with that ... there seems to be many great things to experience. We plan on staying about 4 or 5 days and then driving to another part of the country. We are in search of the finest beaches ... clear water ... beautiful sand ... beautiful views ... great snorkeling ... best weather. Can anyone recommend areas we should consider? So far we have heard Quepos/MA and Guanacaste are very nice. Your wise advise is greatly appreciated!

Arenal
Level Contributor
58 posts
1. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

if you want beautiful beach and snorkeling, then i strongly recommend manuel antonio!!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
242 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

You will fall in love with the Carribean side of Costa Rica. The beaches are clean and beautiful, especially further down the coast to Cocles Beach, Punta Uva and Manzanillo. However, we loved the beach in front of Stanford's in Puerto Viejo - could watch the kids play soccer all day. Very mellow...

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,235 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

If you are looking for the best snorkeling, pristine and almost untouched Costa Rica, there is but 1 place. The OSA peninsula is where yo want to go. Couldn't be farther from you from PV though :(

Cheers

Inca

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

Before I decided on living in Puerto Viejo, Samara Beach was always my second choice.

Chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

Thank you everyone for you recommendations. We have opted for the Mango Moon in M Antonio. So ... 6 days in PV ... 6 days in MA ... and the flight is just 2 weeks away! Talk about livin BIG!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,657 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

Conchal beach...Brasilito beach next to each other great beaches in Guancaste area!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,657 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

Sorry now I see Manuel Antonio...great choice...inside the park beach # 3...is great!

roadadvisor

8. Re: After PV ... Nicest Beaches in CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...