We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

Rye, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas To any of the restaurants along the beach there?

Or all the way down to Hotel Manuel Antonio.

We are staying by Playa Playitas beach and it would be very convenient. Also what is there to prevent people from continuing down the beach into the park?

I realize this would be “stealing” and have no plans to do this. But I would love to be by the park at dawn on the beach.

5 replies to this topic
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

Yes.....you can walk from Playitas to the little bars and restaurants by the public beach.....about a 15-20 walk along the sand and it is wonderful.....it is impossible to get into the national park by just walking along the main beach.....there is a natural rock peninsula that blocks it off.....you can enjoy the sunrise from the public beach area.

Tulemar Dave

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,702 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

The free beach outside the rocks separating the MA park beaches from the public area, is called PLAYA ESPADILLA . I think it is rated 3/5 on TA. It is long. Has chairs and umbrellas for rent on the left (the end closer to the park) and middle parts, and might be less crowded farther to the right. The tide started coming up after 12 when we were there, making us leave by 2 pm, as the sand got covered by waves and we had nowhere else left where we could move our towels. The sand was rocky in places, you need shoes for walking.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

The high/low tide times change everyday by about 45 minutes later.....each time.....so you can check the internet or your hotel for high/low tide times......the rocks on the beach come and go with the rains or storms.....most of the time the entire beach is just sandy.....sometimes it can get rocky in places.....just move your spot a little further north and you'll be just fine......I walk this beach every Sunday at sunrise.....for a little over 14 years now.....one of my favorite things in Manuel Antonio.

Tulemar Dave

Rye, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

Thank you so much for your response. I live by the beach in NH and it is very similar as in one day it is rocky and next all sand. Our beach is a little over a mile long. I was looking at your beach through google and it looked like a beautiful walk and maybe places to stop for breakfast or a cold drink.

So I will add it to my list of free things to do! Not going until February 6th. Maybe I will see on a Sunday walk.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas

I'm there almost every Sunday.....baseball cap and a large cup of coffee......hasta luego!

Tulemar Dave

Reply to: Is it possible to walk along the beach from Playa Playitas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted