We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crystal Clear water

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Crystal Clear water

We're staying in Quepos but I'd like to get at least one day in paradise type waters....any suggestions for a day trip?

11 replies to this topic
Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Crystal Clear water

The beaches inside Manuel Antonio National Park are very pretty, and many enjoy taking a tour out to Tortuga Island, but if you looking for crystal clear blue water like you'd see in the Bahamas or around some areas of Belize and Mexico, you're not going to find it in Costa Rica. Sorry!

Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Crystal Clear water

I figured. Thought asking couldn't hurt. I was wrong. My soul is crying lol.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
7,506 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Crystal Clear water

In general, Pacific coast anywhere in Central/North America will be bad for clear water due to strong surf and upwelling.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Crystal Clear water

Your "soul" will stop crying once it sees everything else the area has to offer......I often tell guests......enjoy the amazing things we have like the wildlife.....the national park.....the weather.....the people.....the culture......the open air restaurants and bars......the fact that you can drink the water right out of the tap and eat anywhere without the worry of getting sick.....the tours and activities like white water rafting and zip lines and surfing......but if you have to have snorkeling in crystal clear waters like Mexico, Hawaii or the Caribbean.....then this is not the place for you.....we don't have that.

Tulemar Dave

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,477 posts
98 reviews
5. Re: Crystal Clear water

You can try beach number 3 inside the park...some times water is just incredible...

roadadvisor

Orangeville, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Crystal Clear water

I agree with Tulemar Dave. Once you see the unreal lush tropical beauty of the area, see the wildlife that is everywhere (monkeys and sloths and toucans oh my) you will will be over the moon. Great restaurants and happy hours and the best sunsets ever. I have been to many areas with crystal clear water and while beautiful, nothing has made my soul sing like the rainforest jungles and beaches of the Manuel Antonio area. If you want to swim and soak in some calm and warm waters, take a visit to Beisanz Beach. Go at low tide and avoid the rocky area to the left of the beach. Walk to the right where it is nice and sandy and gently sloping. We can't wait until we go back in January!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: Crystal Clear water

Hi "threelittlebirdz".....wow.....I wish I could write like you do.....beautiful.....thanks!

Tulemar Dave

Ohio
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Crystal Clear water

TulemarDave,

What about this tour that is listed on your website? It sounds like there is some good snorkeling there, no?

https://sunsetsailstours.com/

Orangeville, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Crystal Clear water

Thanks Tulemar Dave. It's easy to gush over the Manuel Antonio area. Spectacular!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
81 reviews
10. Re: Crystal Clear water

Hi Traveltogo33......in my opinion....this is the best of the ocean tours that combine a cruise along the coastline.....the "possibility" of seeing some dolphins......and swimming/snorkeling....plus a nice lunch/drinks.....but it takes you to the same snorkeling spot all the others do.....the same silty water.....if you go with low expectations for the snorkeling.....you'll be OK....if you go with high expectations....you'll be disappointed......there are so many of these tour companies out there offering this service because so many tourists request it.....none of them would dare describe the snorkeling as "poor to OK".....unless all of the companies did.

Tulemar Dave

Reply to: Crystal Clear water
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted