We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to know if a guide is 'official' or not?

Milano, Italia
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
how to know if a guide is 'official' or not?

Tomorrow i'm going visiting the MA NP and reading all the post i found oud that maybe a guide is imoportant... is there an "official' kiosk or can you give some adivice to chhose better?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,523 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to know if a guide is 'official' or not?

Only "official" guides are allowed to operate in MA park - they will be wearing a uniformed shirt

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to know if a guide is 'official' or not?

Manuel Antonio hads a lot tour guides and many are ilegals, what you need to do is used your comom sense, You will be offer the guided walk many times on the beach, when the tour guide is talking, you will be bale to see what kind of person is, if somebody is puching to buy it just dont do it and look for someone else. There are many guys the sale the tour and charge in advance even before you meet the guide and them they send you with who ever they can find the speak a little english, this is your money, you dont have to paid anyone untill you dont feel comfortable with waht they are offering you. Just be carefull and used your good judgement. NATUREGUIDE

Milano, Italia
Level Contributor
38 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to know if a guide is 'official' or not?

Thanks a lot my tour was terrific i saw so many animals! my favorite place in costa rica!

4. Re: how to know if a guide is 'official' or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 13:23
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio