We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather???

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weather???

We're arriving on Sat in MA & weather forecasts shows rain everyday. I did a search thru the forum & seems like the rain is usually in the afternoon. Is that fairly accurate? I don't mind rain eveyday, just hoping that it doesn't rain all day frequently.

California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather???

I just got back from Costa Rica, and was in Manuel Antonio Friday-Sunday. The weather was mostly warm (high 80s) and sunny but humid. It did, however, rain in the evenings, but by that time we had already finished our daytime activities so we weren't slowed down at all. Actually, there was a great lightning show Saturday night, which we watched while we ate dinner at our hotel.

When we were there, we tried to start our activities early in the day (by 8am) to take advantage of the beautiful sunny weather. Plus, the animals in the park are most active early in the day. I think if you get started late in the day you might be disappointed with the weather and larger crowds.

Have fun!

new york
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather???

I was there 7/27 - 8/1 and I, like you saw rain for everyday of our trip. it did rain one full day but we went white water rafting that day which was great because we were going to be totally wet anyway. the rest of the days in either rained in the late afternoon or for a bit at night which was fine. Just grab an umbrella and enjoy the jungle the rain definitely wont ruin your trip.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather???

What you read is pretty accurate. I always get out early. The sun is up at 6AM and the sounds of wildlife start so it is not hard to get up and going. In the afternoon it rains sometimes really hard but not usually for a real long time. In May it was almost like clock work starting around 3 or 4PM. This is a good time for resting after a day of activities. Sometimes it will also rain in the evening but if you are at dinner no big worries. The rain can be interesting because it rains so hard.

4. Re: Weather???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio