We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vamos 4x4 Car Rental was so Awesome!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vamos 4x4 Car Rental was so Awesome!!

I arrived in Puntarenas on a cruise ship for 35 hours to explore. There were no car rental locations of any company located in the city of Puntarenas, but Vamos 4x4 delivered and picked up the vehicle from their San Jose location for me when no one else would. The ship was delayed from docking with the pier for 3 hours, but the representative was waiting for me with a smile, a great attitude, and superb helpfulness. And the following evening he returned at 2300 at night to pick up the vehicle from the same location before the ship departed. I don't think any other company would go to so much trouble to make my trip a reality like Vamos 4x4 did. All of their representatives from the internet to vehicle delivery were top notch! Their prices were better than anyone else and their vehicles were clean, well maintained, and came with free items like a cell phone, GPS, and booster seat. I seriously recommend Vamos 4x4 if ever in Costa Rica. They are a local company and treat you like family, rather than another cog in a corporate chain. Happy Times!! :)

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Vamos 4x4 Car Rental was so Awesome!!

We look forward to your feedback...have a safe and fun trip! Just a word of advice about driving in CR: These days we're stressing on the need of always abiding to the traffic law, do not overspeed, DIU...and all that, not only because its always your safety thats most important, but traffic fines in C.R. are important, so to have a safe and fun drive, always abide to the law...

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Vamos 4x4 Car Rental was so Awesome!!

Vamos actually does offer free GPS, if you "like them" on facebook and you must ask for the Free Facebook GPS special when booking.

13. Re: Vamos 4x4 Car Rental was so Awesome!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 08:05
14. Re: Vamos 4x4 Car Rental was so Awesome!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 15:16