We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Aitutaki

Vancouver
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flights to Aitutaki

Can anyone tell me if there is any variation in flight costs for return trips from Rarotonga to Aitutaki?

My wife and I will be coming to Rarotonga in October, and as part of our trip will be spending four nights on Aitutaki. We already have our accommodation, but have not yet booked our flights. I went online today and looked at prices with Air Rarotonga. The flights are not cheap, but I wondered if I waited a while before I booked if there is a chance the price might drop? Or is this just the price and it’s pretty consistent year round?

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

1 reply
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,641 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Aitutaki

Air Rarotonga isn't a cheap airline. We are used to those fares living on Raro, and island hopping. Nearer your date of travel the cheaper fares that aren't flexible could be posted. The fully flexible fares are the most expensive. Then the next fares (now called seat and bag) are posted for less popular flight times, and if seats aren't being snapped up. Occassionally we get cheap fares but they tend to sell out within an hour or so.

Cheaper fares are the 6:30am flights on Friday, Saturdays and Mondays but you can only take 7kg carryon only.

October is a busy month for tourism. Sit it out for a while to see what comes up, but lock in your seats by May - June by the latest since you have already booked accommodation. Or book now to get the times you prefer.

If you hadn't booked accommodation, I would have recommended going to Island Hopper Vacations or Jetsave travel (both are Raro based travel agencies) to get a package deal with return flights, transfers and accommodation.

Edited: 11 January 2018, 06:34
Reply to: Flights to Aitutaki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga
Recent Conversations