We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather for Eastern 2018

Eureka Springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Weather for Eastern 2018

I'm in desperate need of your help as I booked some tickets for Rarotonga for this eastern weekemd - from 29/03 to 03/04 - and I'm a bit worried about the weather as I've been reading that it will still be rainy season by that time.

Can somebody please tell me your experience weather wise? Also, if you can recommend must see places while we are there would be amazing.

Also, is there any way or possibility to go for a day trip to Aitutaki from Raro?

Thank you so much for your help in advance! :)

Edited: 12 January 2018, 04:30
Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Aitutaki
Aitutaki
1 reply
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,056 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather for Eastern 2018

Kia Orana Julieta, welcome to the Cook Islands forum.

From memory, last Easter (2017) had some fine days. We are currently in a La Nina weather pattern, so we have seen more rain since this phase arose mid October. You will just have to chance it as weather and climate change are a reality in our area of the South Pacific. Just go with the flow and expect some rain at sometime. Possibly only a few showers, which don't last long and tend to be regional rather than widespread.

Apart from Sunday, the day tours to Aitutaki occur from Monday to Saturday. Tours set off at 8am from Rarotonga airport, and the price includes return airport transfers. If your day-tour is postponed, Air Raro will advise you. Probably best to book your day-tour early into your visit, rather than the last day. And to get in ahead of Easter holidays too.

Have you booked your accommodation, and possibly a rental car, yet?

Mentioned in this post
Cook Islands
Cook Islands
South Pacific
Pacific Resort Rarotonga
Pacific Resort Rarotonga
1,240 Reviews
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Aitutaki
Aitutaki
Rarotonga