We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

We've got concert tickets to see Lonestar at the Borealis Theatre at the Alaska State Fair; do we also have to purchase fair admission tickets to get into the theatre, even if we don't want to visit the Fair that day?

(We're planning on doing the Fair itself the following day as we will only be arriving in Palmer on the evening that Lonestar are playing).

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
6,577 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

alaskastatefair.org/2010/…index.html

At the bottom of the page there it says that "Tickets: Concert ticket prices do not include Fair admission. "

If you are going two days, you might consider picking up tickets at Costco in Anchorage. They are cheaper there.

alaskastatefair.org/2010/…index.html

Mentioned in this post
Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

Thanks AKStafford, I am aware that the website says that it does not include Fair Admission, but my query is whether we actually need to pay Fair Admission just to get access to the Borealis theater? (I don't know whether the only access to the theatre is from inside the Fair or if there is an 'external' entrance to the theater).

I've got one pair of admission tickets to the fair for the Sunday but don't want to pay for another set if I don't need them.

thanks!

Bristol, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

There is no external entry to The Borealis Theater, you need to enter the fair to get to the theater.

Ingatestone, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

Thanks Spacefry; we're looking forward to coming to Alaska again!

Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
5. Re: Entry to concerts at the Alaska State Fair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2011, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Palmer