We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Hotel in Fujairah?

Surrey
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Which Hotel in Fujairah?

Hi,

We are looking for a relaxing beach holiday and have decided to visit Fujairah for a week followed by a couple days in Dubai. We want to go all inclusive so looking at Rotana or Le Meridien, I have looked at the reviews for both and cannot decide which one to go for. The sports facilities we are looking for are at both resorts. I was originally going for the Rotana as I had read that they provided free watersports in their package but after speaking to a travel agent this week I am advised this is no longer the case.

The agent was pushing Le Meridien as he said it was more of a holiday resort and he felt the Rotana was more for business travellers lots of conferences etc. So I would really appreciate any feedback on these hotels and also any advice on the watersports and what sort of prices for windsurfing etc.

Thank you!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Hotel in Fujairah?

Just be aware that these hotels are a long way out of Furjairah. Both are nice hotels but you are kind of stuck at the resort.

My partner stayed in the Rotana recently (on business) and found it better than Le Meridien. The Rotana is newer. Le Meridien has good restaurants which we like if in the area. Sorry I don't know about their watersports facilities.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Hotel in Fujairah?

As the previous poster stated although these hotels are in Fujairah they are nearer the town of Dibba than Fujairah itself. Both hotels are right next to each other and they are remotely located with nowhere to visit nearby.

I am a Rotana card holder and find the Rotana hotels Iincluding this one) to be very good. If there was a big price difference between the two then I would pick the cheapest......same sand, same sea, same sun.

Surrey
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Hotel in Fujairah?

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information, sorry for late reply!

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Hotel in Fujairah?

Thanks for Worthy information.

5. Re: Which Hotel in Fujairah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Fujairah