We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hajar Mountain Tour/Oman Fjords tour - Anyone want to join?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Hajar Mountain Tour/Oman Fjords tour - Anyone want to join?

Hello everyone! A friend and I are going to be in Fujairah and were looking to do a mountain tour with this company called Best Shore Trips from Fujairah on any day from 12 to 16 May (inclusive). The company received great reviews on tripadvisor. It is= US$140 per person with a minimum of 4 people. The tour guys described the tour as follows:-

"The excursion begins with a drive through the oases of Al Dhaid and Masafi, then reaches the village and port of Dibba, located at the base of the magnificent Hajar Mountains. To view the fascinating cliffs and deep canyons the drive crosses the Musandam Peninsula on off-road tracks through winding gorges up to a height of nearly 1’ 200 metres. A picnic lunch is served en route . "

Would have liked to do an independent tour too but we would require a 4WD which would be tricky. Was hoping that there may be other travels in or around Fujairah at the same time who would like to go on this tour with us?

OR does anyone know of a day trip we can do from Fujairah to the Oman Fjords?

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
1. Re: Hajar Mountain Tour/Oman Fjords tour - Anyone want to join?

Hi, have a look at this website: http://www.dibbacityguide.com/index.html

Click on the "Tourst Guide" link for tours. Be aware that the actual fjords are in the north west of Mussandam and are only accessible from Khasab via Ras al Khaimah which would be a long day for you but very enjoyable. The east coat cruise follows the coast line and into a few small inlets. This is a company that I use for Khasab: http://www.khasabtours.com/

The tour you have quoted sounds like it is based from Dubai as Al Dhaid is between Dubai and Dibba. Also be aware that a bit of poetic license has been used as although Al Dhaid and Masafi are oasis towns don't expect to see the Shiek of Araby sat around a palm fringed pool whike the camels graze nearby. Both are modern towns and Masafi is in fact the UAE's main supplier of water.

Edited: 07 May 2013, 16:18
Devon
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
2. Re: Hajar Mountain Tour/Oman Fjords tour - Anyone want to join?

Hi

I'm interested in joining you - I can only do 16th. When at Dibba, Snoopy Island is nearby with apparently excellent snorkelling over coral (you can hire stuff from the motel there). I would like, if at all possibleto have a quick snorkel on the trip.

Chris

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
3. Re: Hajar Mountain Tour/Oman Fjords tour - Anyone want to join?

If you drive north from Fujairah towards Dibba after around 30 minutes Snoopy Island is on the right just before a group of hotels. You can swim to the island from the public beach (Sandy Beach)! or from the first hotel where you can hire snorkelling/scuba equipment. Dibba is around 15 minutes further on.

4. Re: Hajar Mountain Tour/Oman Fjords tour - Anyone want to join?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Fujairah