We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with a good beach

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
499 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with a good beach

Going to Dubai for week in October and then going to Fujairah for diving for 5 days. Looking at the Meriden on Al Aqah Beach....some people comment that the beach is narrow but it doesnt look like that in the photos.

Anyone know which 5 star hotel has the best beach here ?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with a good beach

The meridien is by far the best hotel there anyway so i wouldn't stay at the others, I have been there twice and stayed there 10 days and 5 days when i was in the Navy. Its a lovely hotel with a huge pool. Remembering the beach i don't ever recall it being too narrow or anything other than ideal size.

With that said however even if the beach is slightly small, the hotel itself and pool more than make up for it.

Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
499 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with a good beach

CraigL, thanks for your advice...The Meridien certainly seems to be the best hotel judging from the reviews. Have never been to Oman before, but hubby loves scuba diving hence the visit....I am seeing some worrying reviews on dress codes for beaches tho....am hoping that the private beach at the Meridien is not as conservative...I had presumed shorts and tshirts and full swimsuits would be ok.

Thanks again !

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with a good beach

Hi Scarke,

As referred to in my previous post, i was at this hotel with the Royal Navy, we had no problems with dress code or even alcohol consumption. If i remember correctly its also a virgin holiday's hotel, you will have no strict restrictions on dress code. I would imagine female's being topless is probably a no no however, but a lot of the guys flew their wives and girlfriends out to stay with us at the hotel and they were all in bikini's etc.

Not sure if you have been to the UAE before but from my experiences the only restrictions you will find are during Ramadan. None of the hotels are too keen on people walking through hotels in swim wear mind you, but around the pool's / beaches there's pretty much no restrictions, except the topless bit as i said.

Kind regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
499 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with a good beach

That sounds great..its what I expected but sometimes people make weird comments and you just have to figure it out yourself..

looking forward to the trip very much

Thanks again.

Wales
Destination Expert
for Ras Al Khaimah
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with a good beach

Skarke, just to say that Fujairah is in the UAE and not Oman. Having said that your hubby will most probably be doing some diving just up the coast fom Dibba on the Mussandam peninsular which is an enclave of Oman. Just a short distance south of the hotel is Snoopy Island which is also good for diving. As the other poster says, there is no difference in dress code than if you were in Dubai. Ramadan will be over when you visit so no issues with alcohol.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
499 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with a good beach

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Looking forward to our trip. Have transited thru Dubai 8 times so far on way to Singapore but never got to stay there till now so it will be great !

Thanks

7. Re: Hotels with a good beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Fujairah