We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fujairah?

London, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Topic
Fujairah?

I know there's a few hotels but having read more some of them seem too remote?

I ideally and something quiet but where I can whip over to Dubai (1-1.5hrs travel is ok) just want a nice beach, quiet pleasant beach for a week AI. Any suggestions about?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,882 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fujairah?

Fujairah is beyond quiet! If you want to visit Dubai then consider a hotel closer so you are not wasting too much precious holiday time just sitting in a car. RAK is a closer option eg Al Hamra Fort hotel on the beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fujairah?

Thanks, I will keep looking. I'm not too fussed about being away from Dubai as happy to go over there early etc. I would prefer quiet, just a nice hotel, sand, sea and sun is all I really want this time. Dubai way os often too busy.

I'll have a check of Al Hamra, I know the other side of Dubai there's Jebel Ali too.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 16:35
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,882 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fujairah?

Jebel Ali hotel is just outside the city of Dubai so will be more expensive than hotels in other emirates. Not worth the extra unless you want to be close to Dubai.

Other beach hotels in other emirates which spring to mind are Cove Rotana, Ras al Khaimah and Kempinski, Ajman.

London, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fujairah?

Thanks for that, these are the hotels I've seen and all fairly similar prices. Even seen the Hatta Fort, no beach but it looks very nice. Would prefer a beach but it's surroundings look pretty nice indeed.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,882 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fujairah?

I've stayed at Hatta Fort a couple of times and it is nice. It's quiet during the week and busier at weekends when people from Dubai take advantage of the cheap summer packages for UAE residents that most hotels offer. It has the advantage of being away from the coast and therefore no where nearly as humid as on the beach, much more comfortable

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
18,380 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fujairah?

I wouldn't bother going to Fujairah. Not much to see or do.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fujairah?

I would also look at Hilton resort and spa Ras al Khaimah. Nice beach and around 1.5 hours from Dubai. Alcohol is served as normal during Ramadan but as a previous poster says there is no guarantee and could be changed. Al Hamra Fort is currently under renovation.

London, United...
Level Contributor
440 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fujairah?

Thanks for that, I know there was a hotel I read was bring renovated and couldn't think which.

Rotana in Fujairah looks ok.

9. Re: Fujairah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Fujairah