We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connection time at Johannesburg

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Connection time at Johannesburg

Hi

I am looking to book a South African airways flight from Maun - J'Burg, connecting on an already booked Comair domestic transfer from J'Burg to Cape Town. Assuming the flights are on time there is 2.5 hour window. Does anyone know if that is a realistic amount of time to connect through the airport from international to domestic?. Also does anyone know if I would have to collect my bags and clear customs or can bags be checked all the way through on different airlines?

Many thanks

Louisa

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,964 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connection time at Johannesburg

You will have sufficient time, if your incoming from Maun is on time.

You will have to collect your bags, and check them in for Cape Town.

2. Re: Connection time at Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 12:17