We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour suggestion for single person to cradle of humankind

Aarhus, Denmark
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tour suggestion for single person to cradle of humankind

Hi,

I'd like to visit cradle of humankind but I don't drive. So I want to join a tour of some kind. However most tour requires min 2 people. Does anyone know if there are some tour groups that I can join in order to reduce the cost instead of pay for 2 by myself? Or are there any ways I can do that? Thanks.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour suggestion for single person to cradle of humankind

AFAIK, there are no regularly scheduled tours to the area.

Tours need to be booked with the various tour operators, as required.

Also, most of the operators I know provide private tours... i.e. do not mix groups, but others may do so..

The reason for requiring two people, or charging a "double" rate for only one person, is because, owing to fixed costs, like petrol, permits, time ( traffic permitting, the area is about 45min to 1 hour out of Johannesburg), it would not be financially viable for us to take only one person at a "single rate". We would be losing money.

Hope you find something

Johannesburg...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tour suggestion for single person to cradle of humankind

Kindly look around dont give up you might a special offer just for you.

Nathan Ngwenya (MD)

Soweto Voyage

Windsor, California
Level Contributor
185 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tour suggestion for single person to cradle of humankind

I just booked a tour for my family of 3 for a half day tour. I sent emails to tour/transfer service we have used in our previous trips to JNB. I would reccomend googling day tour of Cradle of Humankind and send an email to every tour operator with your specifics to get a cost for just you. I would read reviews of the tour company on line before booking (or better yet ask for feedback on TA).

The tour companies I have used before (and would use again) are:

tours@springbokatlas.com Springbok Atlas

res2@wilrotours.co.za Wilro Tours

Good luck

4. Re: tour suggestion for single person to cradle of humankind

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 13:23