We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leopard mountain view safari lodge

New Plymouth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
103 reviews
leopard mountain view safari lodge

Has anyone stayed there in November.

We are looking to stay there next year .

9 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

I’ve stayed on the reserve (Manyoni) a few times where Leopard Mtn is and I visited the lodge, met the owner on a rhino conservation outing. It’s beautiful with great views over a beautiful reserve pretty high up on a big hill/mountain. The owner is a peach and truly believes in the conservation mission.

Check if they have air conditioning - though the breezes up there are great. It starts getting warm in November but it’s not a deal breaker for many.

Manyoni recently released wild dogs. They should be active in November - I missed them last time because they were denning when we visited. They just released Khalahari male lions too so there’s a lot going on.

New Plymouth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

awesome thank you for your help.sounds brilliant.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

I stayed there in the middle of the year. It was excellent. Leopard Mountain was the cheapest of the lodges I've ever stayed at in ZA and I was very impressed. The standard was very high, close to that of &Beyond lodges (at less than half the price).

Staff were great. Game drives very good. It's different to the Kruger (being a fenced park) however was still a good experience.

The accom was great. There is, however, no air con - this wasn't an issue in July but could be this time of the year. Each cabin has a plunge pool.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,772 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

I stay at Rhino River Lodge. It’s on the same reserve, has air conditioning (new last year) and I love the added space and privacy in the chalets - the cottage is nice too with a private pool. But no view, though it’s on the seasonal river.

It’s a very nice reserve and rest easy they do good community and conservation work.

Have a great time!!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

Hello and I have stayed there. Stunning lodge, lovely rooms, with an amazing view. Probably the best view from a breakfast table I have ever had.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

New Plymouth...
Level Contributor
24 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

thank you for your info .i was so undecided between Rhino river safari or leopard mountain .Anyway have just booked with Leopard mountain safari lodge.they have air con now .

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
52 reviews
7. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

No problem and have a great trip!

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

Great to know there is Air Con now. Must be a very new addition! It will certainly make for a great stay in summer time, i really cannot fault it at all. The view from the deck near the restaurant is just amazing.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
52 reviews
9. Re: leopard mountain view safari lodge

Just realised there is a pic of my breakfast view on here. Its under the review 'Lions at Leopard Montain''.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Reply to: leopard mountain view safari lodge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted